Arthritis pain is a common condition that we provide treatment for by the use of low-level laser therapy. Arthritis is primarily a condition that causes inflammation and stiffness of joints condition. Low-level laser therapy (cold laser) causes an anti-inflammatory effect. Hence this treatment is appropriate for the treatment of arthritis pain. Its effectiveness in the management of pain has been recognized by Arthritis Australia, who have noted that there is scientific proof that cold laser therapy can help in the reduction of pain and swelling. It has particularly proved its effectiveness reducing the swelling and pain in the hands of people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis.
Commonly Known Symptoms Helped
Repetitive Strain Injuries
Symptoms of Arthritis include
Sometimes fever, weight loss, fatigue and/or anemia.
Morning stiffness in and around the joints that are affected which persists for at least one hour
Pain and stiffness that gets worsen with inactivity and gets better with physical activity.
Pain, swelling and stiffness in one or many joints.
Restricted range of motion.
Why Does It Hurt?
Call Your Doctor If:
- The pain and stiffness come on slowly
- The pain comes on rapidly and is accompanied by fever
- You experience pain and stiffness in your arms, legs, or back after sitting for short periods or after a night’s sleep
- Your child gets a rash or experiences pain in the knees, wrists, and ankles, or has a fever, loss of appetite, and weight loss; your child may have juvenile rheumatoid arthritis that requires medical attention.
- The pain and stiffness hinder your daily activities
Causes of Arthritis pain are:
Inflammation which is a process that causes the redness and swelling in the joints Damage to the tissues of the joint which is a result of the disease process or wear and tear